more glazing trials on discs

Eventually, I would like to achieve textured tiles that I can use to make flexible latex moulds for impressions on future concrete forms. I did further experiments in clay and glaze to bring me nearer to the desired outcome. 

Prior to the actual clay work, some drawing exercises:



Creating texture with string:



sample discs:

Glazed after the first firing



Results second firing:
I used parchment glaze in green and violet, a simple white glaze, red glaze in varying thicknesses and for the dark parts it's manganese that went under the glazes. I like the outcomes as such but think I'm not where i want to be yet in terms of texture. The impressions with string are a start and I will try a mould sample from the disc top left corner to get the reverse effect for a squiggly texture. The sample bottom left looks very intriguing and organic, especially on the right half but feels far too pointy and unpleasant to the touch. All in all, I like how the manganese reacts with the glazes and gives contrast.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More clay pieces in the inlay technique

Showing the link between ceramics and concrete