More experiments for texture

This sample form is coming on nicely now. After layering various mixes on this tube, the concrete develops a surface that I feel resembles what I want to say with my sculptures.

The next layer finishes the inlays and reveals what lies underneath.





















The look that is emerging through this technique reminds me of the patterns of Damaskus steel or Mokume Gane. I will now explore this pattern a bit more and try to achieve it in a more controlled, targeted way.

Example of mokume gane layers of different metals



After all, with haptics, it's not just the tactile sense that wants to be challenged, it's also how the senses interact and integrate ... Which brings us again round to Sensory integration! Good old humunculus.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

more glazing trials on discs

Final Reflective thoughts