Inlay technique applied to concrete

Throughout my work, there is a certain surface pattern emerging and re-occuring.

I first achieved the effect of those meandering lines in different colours more or less unintentionally when first experimenting with different coloured layers about two years ago. I liked the outcome as it offered me various options to use this effect more targeted. It reminded me a bit of the characteristics of mokume gane or the pattern of damaskus steel and I wanted to understand the process and hoe to get a more controlled outcome.

These are examples of patterns created by layering different shades of steel, folding and forging the material multiple times, then grinding it down until the desired pattern emerges










I realised it would be more suitable to try different ways in clay first in order to develop the effect in concrete more efficiently. For the clay samples, please see the previous post:

https://sandraholleart.blogspot.com/2021/05/more-clay-pieces-in-inlay-tecnique.html


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

more glazing trials on discs

Final Reflective thoughts