Rhodin et al

 Here are some inspirations that I collected:

I liked the step-by-step display of how a plaster cast is made from a complex shape like this sitting figure.
I hope to explore more complex casts in concrete in the future.

Amongst all the sculptures in V&A, the bronzes by Rodin really appealed to me. I find the surfaces so tactile and they reminded me slightly of my hand-built concrete forms when they are polished. It would be inbteresting to try and achieve a bronze-like texture like Rodin's but in concrete.

Nature always is the best inspiration. This magnificent wilted tropical flower looks so sculptural and reminds me, that there can be beauty in decay. 

The presentation of this 'screaming jar' is very inventive. I find that this is a great example of how to elevate an artwork. The colour of the sandbags and the concrete wall frame the terra cotta beatifully.


These two columns I found in the cast court of V&A. Columns have been carriers of meaning since the first hewn stones appeared. I am intuitively drawn to make cylindrical shapes or use them as staring points for my work and project my ideas onto them.

A favourite texture of mine: the random but also very regular soft groves that are shaped by the retreating sea water


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

more glazing trials on discs

Some wiry videos

Wire and myelin