MA show - planning

 I like to be in control. I spent a lot of time thinking about the presentation of my work and how I want people to engage with it. On top come the spacial limitations that are still affecting public life and indoor events. When I think of how I still feel not 100% comfortable gatherings in closed spaces, let alone the opportunity to explore objects and touching them... How many bottles of hand sanitiser would be just right??? Those kind of questions I find distracting when planning to present my tactile work.

That's why I decided to turn my garden in a gallery space. This way, I am in control of how my work is presented, I can rely on natural lighting, I use the natural beauty of green foliage as a backdrop and being outside, I can invite people with a calm conscience regarding covid measures.

Planning my event:

make list of contacts, posting invite by 23.8.

text probably like that:

I'm excited to invite you to my, what I call, 'MA show-In-the-garden'

on 29.09., 4-6pm

at 1 Westfield Close, Cottingham, Hu16 5Pf


I'll be showcasing my final work of tactile sculptures as a result of a Masters in Creative Practice. Hoping that the work installed will engage you and entice you to explore texture, form and space. 

… and there will be cupcakes!

I'm looking forward to seeing you!

 Sandra


- send printed invites through letter box in neighbourhood

(ca. 40 prints, postcard size


- ask College for help with plinths


- order wall panels as backdrop for hanging sculptures (4)


- hire glasses (waitrose) or buy from ikea


- cupcakes, prosecco, breadsticks

- draw up plan of garden

    - plinths

    - stall

    - drinks


- clean up plinths, paint panels, build pedestals.

cast base for 'burnt vessel'


- write statement

- write labels

- design a questionnaire


Garden plan:




Quesionnaire:


back still coming up

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

more glazing trials on discs

Final Reflective thoughts